Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware v6.6555 now available in the UK

profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

Firmware v6.6555 now available in the UK

Just downloaded and installed via USB. no issues after installation.

From Sony Support site

Benefits and Improvements from the latest update

• Improves the TV’s responsiveness when switching on from standby
22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
MrBrianPotter
Explorer

Ok so I found that there was indeed a timer set for the 2nd of may, so I have deleted it and the amber light has now gone 😁

I was really hoping that this new update was going to solve the standby reboot problem but unfortunately it hasn’t for me 🙁 

If I had the chance to exchange the tv I would, as I just want to enjoy it and not spend a large proportion of my time trying to find a resolution ! Maybe Sony will want me to wait until the next update they push out for a solution 🤨

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Done update yesterday. No issues at all but still takes the same time to turn on from stand by, ie very slow. Still has issue with frames dropping on recordings to connected hard drive.

profile.country.GB.title
Palexr

I had this Standby issue as well.  I found the following solutions, I applied all 3 of the methods below and don't know if it is just one of the below, a combination, or all three that "fixed" the issue on my TV.

1 Settings > Channel setup > Digital setup > Guide setup and turn off 'update guide in standby'

2 I also turned off Channel setup > Digital setup > Guide setup > Technical setup > Auto service update and service replacement.

3 I turned off 'Remote start' under network settings and also disabled Network->Remote device settings->Control remotely

All workarounds discovered by other people. Only I quite liked to be able to shout "Hey Google, Switch on/off TV", well my 9 year old daughter did. So I guess a more rigorously scientific approach is now called for to pinpoint the actual issue.

The TV appeared to get over itself and start up as expected for a while, then suddenly, and randomly, it started going through the whole start up process again. Not every time and with no discernible pattern as to why. Annoying.

I have worked out what happened. My daughter was elected "eco councillor" at her junior school and they had a talk about electronic equipment. Ever since her election she has been powering the TV (and other things) down completely because that is what Greta would do! I hadn't seen her do this till the other day.

So if you TV is doing this check if you have a mini eco activist in your midsts.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The only one that make sense is number 2 AFAIK. The remote start off does the opposite of what you want to achieve, since it make impossible for the tv if set to on to go in deep standby that may cause a problem in switching it on after some time... so it could be better if you let you daughter play with the tv  :wink:

PS @Palexr I have now read your post carefully and understood now that you little "Greta" was powering off the TV :wink:

Hope you don't have an OLED because that could really damage your panel 

profile.country.GB.title
MrBrianPotter
Explorer

I also have the problem with my connected HDD ! Mine sort of flashes black very quickly when playing back a recording, but it’s only for a couple of frames then it plays normally ? Then a couple more minutes in it will do the same thing again 🤔

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Yes, thats exactly what mine does. Its very random and happens worse on some programmes than others. It never did this on the original android 7 firmware, so I guess one of the firmware updates may fix it again one day.

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Thanks Palexr, I’ll give them a try. Im sure ive already done number 2 already as it was recommended sometime ago on av forums.

profile.country.GB.title
MrBrianPotter
Explorer

Did you find a solution to your HDD problem ?

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Not exactly, but one of my two xf tvs had a couple of other issues too so a few weeks ago I done a factory reset, with the latest firmware. Ive recorded two programmes on it so far and not had the frame drop issue with either. Looks promising so I may now reset the main tv too. Only problem is that after a factory reset it takes hours to set back up, but at least it still recognised the existing recordings on the hdd.

profile.country.GB.title
MrBrianPotter
Explorer

Ok thanks for your speedy reply ! Mine still does it unfortunately, keeps flashing to a black screen every so often and it’s so annoying 🤨