audio lag on Xbox one X XH9005 X900H XH90

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Terry3333
Explorer

audio lag on Xbox one X XH9005 X900H XH90

Audio lag Xbox one x

Just got the 65XH9005.

Ok so I noticed this when using headset on my Xbox and accessing dashboard menus etc (you know, the little clicks)

The Tv’s speaker volume was on and I heard the clicks in the headset in time and then very slightly delayed through the Tv speakers (like a double tap).

Testing out the Twitch Audio Sync video on YouTube shows the audio lag (late) to be around +100ms through the TV but pretty spot on through headset.

Watching the same audio sync video through the built in YouTube app is fine. It seems anything through the Xbox has audio delayed slightly.

TV has been updated to the latest 4k120 firmware.

TV input is set to Game.

TV is set to Game mode picture setting.

Tbh it makes no difference to the lag if I’m in or out of game mode?

Tried 2 Xbox One X’s with multiple different HDMI leads

I’ve tried all manner of settings to remove the lag only to make it worse but never better.. any help or advice welcome..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Terry3333
Explorer

Update:

So......

The only way I managed to get rid of the slight audio delay on the XBox One X on this tv, after updating to 4k120 firmware, was to not assign “Game” mode to whatever HDMI I have it plugged into. Instead I have to manually select “other” within the external input selection and then select “4K HFR device” (High frame Rate) instead and then  sounds are perfectly in time from the TV speakers with what comes through headset.

Not sure why this is but I’m wondering if their 4K120 update has messed with the input association and how it assigns game mode.

I’m wondering why no one else has this or maybe not many have noticed/listened for it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Terry3333
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
Terry3333
Explorer

Update:

So......

The only way I managed to get rid of the slight audio delay on the XBox One X on this tv, after updating to 4k120 firmware, was to not assign “Game” mode to whatever HDMI I have it plugged into. Instead I have to manually select “other” within the external input selection and then select “4K HFR device” (High frame Rate) instead and then  sounds are perfectly in time from the TV speakers with what comes through headset.

Not sure why this is but I’m wondering if their 4K120 update has messed with the input association and how it assigns game mode.

I’m wondering why no one else has this or maybe not many have noticed/listened for it.