Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Home - Empty app icon

profile.country.GB.title
jacek32w
Explorer

Xperia Home - Empty app icon

Today I realised new app icon withing Xperia Home. It is completely blank (just a shade around) and app does not have any name. 

Screenshot_20230530-154315~2.png

Trying to open the app or holding on it and opening more info section lead to the same - Google play "something's went wrong" screen

Screenshot_20230530-154337.png

Tried co clear cache for Xperia Home and restarting - no result. Same for Google Play Services and Google Play. 

Installed 3rd party launcher to check if it will populate this icon as well - did not. Completed full scan off the phone with Bitdefender and it says that phone is safe. Any ideas what it can be and how to get rid of the thing? 

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.DK.title
grumpfuttock
Explorer

@jumpsuit wrote:

Hi all we have some news :slight_smile:

This is still being investigated but the work around for it is as follows:

Empty the Play store storage and cache.
Disable the Play store.

Restart.

Enable play store.

Thank's for that, Jumpsuit.

As I reported here a few days ago,the workaround from Sony worked fine for me, until this morning, and then that pesky icon was back again, along with the high battery consumption and the excessive heating. Once again, I cleared the Playstore cache and deleted the storage, then i disabled the Google Playstore app, put my finger on the icon until it disappeared. This time I have not re-enabled the app. Every thing is fine now, but I am worried that  whatever it is, will be back again.

Since I last disabled and re-enabled the Playstore app afew days ago, the phone has functioned perfectly - except that for the last few days, I have had no notifications of app updates from the Playstore, so last night I opened the Playstore and saw that there were 10 app updates to be installed, so I installed them, it was this morning that I noticed the increase in battery consumption and the return blank icon. I now wonder if it has come from the Google Playstore. Has anyone else any ideas, please ?

Has anyone who did a factory reset or Xperia companion repair, had any problems since ?