Join now - be part of our community!

USB???

muppetsboo
Visitor

USB???

Hi there! i hope someone can help me because i'm just about to throw this thing out the window!!! MY vaio has just come back from the vaio laptop hospital bacause the f drive (dvd cd-rom etc) didnt work and was replaced. NOW i have got it back and when i plug in any device in a usb port my laptop dies and restarts and does not fully load up until i unplug the device. It does not matter if it is a digital camera, or my music jukebox....never had a problem with it before...tried trouble shooter but not much help! :cry:

post me a msg back or e~mail me and i'll be eternally grateful!

GeorginaMuppet@aol.com

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Right click my computer
click on properties
click on the hardware tab
click device manager
right click the USB hub
uninstall
restart VAIO

muppetsboo
Visitor

Thanks for your help but....i uninstalled all to do with usb's, hub and drivers and everything, restarted and it installed it again but when putting a device in again it hust shut down!!! One more thing, a blue screen flashes up but never stays long enought to read!!! something about software?!
Thanks for helping me, i'm really stuck!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Turn off auto restart go start > control panel > system > advanced > startup and recovery settings > uncheck the automatically restart... option then click OK.

You should then be able to read the blue screen error and post back the details..

muppetsboo
Visitor

ok, thanks for that....here we go....
blue screen says a fault in file: tifmsony.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBA3F1000, 0x00000000, 0xF86144E0, 0x00000000)

(arghhhhh!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

also says disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing.

Along with some other stuff that i've already tried!

Happy new year to you all, and thanks again!