Join now - be part of our community!

keyboard problem

entomb
Visitor

keyboard problem

hi ppl,

i recently got a vaio from my father, it was my chrismas present, i realy enjoyed it... vaios are exelent machines and good loking laptops as well.:smileygrin:

i have now a Sony VAIO PCG-K315S, but i have a little big problem whit it.

My father is currently working in france, the laptop was boutgth there and i am living in portugal.the problem is that french keyboards aren't like portuguese ones... its completly diferent i barely can write on it... :cry:

any solution to the problem? :thinking: changing the keyboard is a good one, bur how? i've looked into sony's site and there is no keyboards for sale...

8 REPLIES 8
Psaila
Visitor

A call to one of Sony Customer Information Centers May Help you, Sorry I can not help futher .

Psaila
Visitor

Or You Could try here sonydigital-link.comand finaly Here e-support.vaio-link.com

TygerTyger
Visitor

Just be warned.........changing the keyboard on a laptop will cost you a fair bit I suspect, you may want to get a quote from Sony before you dive in.

feederfan
Visitor

Yea, it can be done, its not that hard to do if you have messed with computer hardware before. However, a new keyboard will cost you about £120 (¿200)

TygerTyger
Visitor

That much?!?!? I just had mine replaced under warranty for a single stuck key, is that nuts or what.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're best getting a USB one.
As for AZERTY it's not that much hassle.

robpaxton
Explorer

As an alternative, you can get a set of keytop labels. Not an ideal solution, but a solution non the less.

Normally they are available from places that supply aids to the visually impaired.

kee-lo_