Join now - be part of our community!

Cursor Jumping Problem...

mrgame_cat
Visitor

Cursor Jumping Problem...

Hi guys...

You have helped me immeasurably in the past so I thought this should be my first port of call...

I am having problems with my keyboard. I have a FR415B.

Basically every so often the cursor jumps up a few lines when I am typing and the navigation (arrow) buttons stop responding. This does not happen at the same time and there is no pattern I can see.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

If the cursor jumps you may be brushing the touch pad accidentally.

Not sure about the arrow keys stopping working - what do you do to make them work again?

mrgame_cat
Visitor

I have checked that I am not brushing the touch pad....

The cursor always seems to jump up the same amount of spaces which is weird.

As for the cursor keys, only the 'up' one is working now. I have heard talk of a virus which does this but I have scanned with symantec client to no avail.

Help!!

robpaxton
Explorer

Try unchecking the 'hide mouse pointer while typing' option in the touchpad properties. See if it helps.

mrgame_cat
Visitor

OK, I have been doing a bit of trial and error testing and I think I am actually dealing with 2 seperate problems

1. The Cursor Jumping Issue

2. I think I have got 4 broken keys on my keyboard.... The 'Right' , 'Down', 'Left' and 'Ctrl' (on the right) are not working...

This has happened all of a sudden and is not the result of an accident or spillage etc. They just stopped working.. What can I do about this?

Any help will be much appreciated!!

kee-lo_

The best thing would to have the keyboard repaired, then #1 should disapear.