Join now - be part of our community!

Audio CD's to DVD

Lancedrlot
Visitor

Audio CD's to DVD

Hi,
I'm a newby so forgive me if this question is naive.
I have been trying to record a 4 CD audio boxset onto a blank Memorex 4.7GB DVD+RW disc, using SonicStage software that came installed on my PCG-K215K with its Matshita UJ -820D CD/DVD read/writer, but have been unsuccessful.
Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Thanks for any info.:smileysad:

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yep you are
Unless I misunderstood, it's a DVD-A you want to make?
Remember copying CDs you don't own the copyright cannoy be discussed here.

Lancedrlot
Visitor

Yep you are
Unless I misunderstood, it's a DVD-A you want to make?
Remember copying CDs you don't own the copyright cannoy be discussed here.

Thanks for your response.
I have already purchased the boxset and simply want to combine the 4 CD's onto one DVD disc so that I can play it uninterupted on my home audio DVD player without the need to change the discs. I do not think there will be any copyright infringement in these circumstances.
I would be interested to know if this can be accomplished. So it's a DVD-A disc I need, right?

kee-lo_

Ahh I see, not sure you can do it, not many DVD writing apps allow the writing of DVD-A yet

Maybe Nero does this...

Lancedrlot
Visitor

OK,
Many thanks.

feederfan
Visitor

You could just burn them as mp3s to a CD, most new DVD players will play mp3 CDs. As long as you use 256Kb/s Mp3s you will not be able to tell the difference

Lancedrlot
Visitor

OK thanks,
So in MP3 format I should be able to get 4 CD's on 1 disc, right?

kee-lo_

Easily

feederfan
Visitor

You should be able to get 250 tracks on 1 700MB CD, if the tracks are 3 mins long at 128kbs, in your case, 256kb tracks, you should get 125 tracks on a CD, so about 10 albums :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

If you only want the box set on there rip at 320kbps.