Join now - be part of our community!

Brightness controll (FN+f5, FN+f6) and lockpad (FN+f7) not working

SOLVED
profile.country.sl_SI.title
drpezz
Visitor

Brightness controll (FN+f5, FN+f6) and lockpad (FN+f7) not working

HI VAIOS !!! I bought my VAIO few days ago, and i had to change the Win 7, becouse It was in Italian (witch I dont speak). So than i noticed that brightness controll (FN+f5, FN+f6) and padlock (FN+ f7) doesnt work. I installed the new drives and nothing. I googled the problem and it says that i am not the only one with that problem, withc realy made me happy :), but yet i couldnt find the right answer of the problem. Now PLEASE, if anyone of you had the same problem please help me fix this frustrating problem.

Thanks,

Ivan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

To get the Fn Keys working try installing the following Utilities IN ORDER: -

1. Sony Shared Library

2. Setting Utility Series

3. Vaio Event Service

4.SFEP

You can download these from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB2M1E_WI

:wink:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ivan,

Have you reinstalled all the Sony Utilities?  Which keyboard driver are you using?

Exactly which Vaio model do you have and which version of Windows 7 have you installed?

:thinking:

drpezz
Visitor

Hey!

Thanks for the responce. I installed win7 ultimate and i installed graphics driver, cause the screen looked a litle bit squery (a tiny little squares are seen, wich makes the picture not crystal clean, so i dont know if this is what its spouse to be). I couldn't find specific keyboard drivers, and have no idea what drivers should i install, cause everything seems to be working ok ( except maybe fot the squery screen ).

My notebook model is VPCEB2M1E/WI

Thanks ALOT for your time!

Ivan

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

To get the Fn Keys working try installing the following Utilities IN ORDER: -

1. Sony Shared Library

2. Setting Utility Series

3. Vaio Event Service

4.SFEP

You can download these from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB2M1E_WI

drpezz
Visitor

Thanks, I'll try this and tell if works.

drpezz
Visitor

IT WORKS!!! THANKS FOR HELP!!!  I OWE YOU A DRINK !!! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'll hold you to that if we ever meet!!!!!

Pleased you have sorted the problem.

profile.country.IE.title
yairisan
New

Great advice. These instructions sorted out the same problem (of losing brightness control from the Fn keys) after installing Windows 10 on an older Vaio (VPCCW). Thank YOU. I ended up not following the order though, although it still worked, so perhaps order is not critical (or at least, wasn't so in my case). 

profile.country.GB.title
Rizwan-Abid
New

I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit on my Sony Vaio. Brightness and other controls stopped working. I have made a set of files that need to be downloaded and installed in order for your function keys to start working again. Download and install these files from my Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72wmmvbaqoxo0e9/AAD1nXtM2Q54Qf1NkDdrLeEpa?dl=0

profile.country.IE.title
yairisan
New

Thank you so much for this. I will download and archive the files on GD in case I should need them - I say ‘in case’ as I was able to resolve the brightness issue (stuck at full brightness’ after a W10 update) by updating a driver in Device Manager. I forget which one (I tried two or three), but it was video/display related anyway. After doing that, Brightness control came back.

VPCCW model VAIO

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Robin Watson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10