Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ Dual SIM different default SIM on each contact

SOLVED
dawetygrik
Visitor

Xperia XZ Dual SIM different default SIM on each contact

Hello,

I do have a question. I guest it wont be possible but I have to ask ๐Ÿ™‚ Since I do have different type of contacts I want to call them, I want to set up default SIM to each other contact rather than to asking all the calls for SIM to be used. I do have a part of contacts default to SIM1 and some contacts preferably to be called from SIM2. I know it is a bit rocket science, but ... Do you have positive adwise for me ?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emir1
Hero

Hi @dawetygrik,

To my knowledge there is no way to set a contact to use a specific SIM with the pre-installed Phone app, but if you want to setup a SIM to always be used for calls rather than have a dialogue pop up then that is possible. In order to do so, open the Phone app and press menu (3 dots in the top right) > Settings > Calling accounts > Make calls with > Choose the desired SIM.

There could be third party dialer apps (installed from the Google Play Store) which let you set it up in the way you described it, but I'm afraid that I've not tried any so I can't offer any advice regarding such a solution. Slightly_frowning_Face

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
xznewbie
Contributor

With dual sim you can use either Sim alternately for data, calls and SMS. By selecting which one is for a particular communication function you want to use. That's what I am doing.. As I have different Sim for some contacts. It's just a matter of selection and activating which Sim I have to place my calls and SMS at that very moment.
I don't understand what you mean by default as it's a fact that each Sim had different set of contacts from the other Sim.
Emir1
Hero

Hi @dawetygrik,

To my knowledge there is no way to set a contact to use a specific SIM with the pre-installed Phone app, but if you want to setup a SIM to always be used for calls rather than have a dialogue pop up then that is possible. In order to do so, open the Phone app and press menu (3 dots in the top right) > Settings > Calling accounts > Make calls with > Choose the desired SIM.

There could be third party dialer apps (installed from the Google Play Store) which let you set it up in the way you described it, but I'm afraid that I've not tried any so I can't offer any advice regarding such a solution. Slightly_frowning_Face

dawetygrik
Visitor

All contacts form gmail account. So I have no link between SIM and contacts by default, since all of them are from gmail account. I can decide to chose from which SIM I want to cal before the call starts. What I want is set the contact xy to be called from SIM1 and other contact abcd to be called from SIM2. So when calling these contatcs I dont have to make a choice of SIM before each call later on. One time set as default SIM to call this contact from.... 

Emir1
Hero

I completely understand what you mean, but as I mentioned in my previous post there is no support for such a feature with the built-in Dialer I'm afraid. Slightly_frowning_Face

Did you try having a look in the Google Play Store to see if there's an app which may let you do that?

Keep me updated! Slightly_smiling_Face

dawetygrik
Visitor

Dear Emir,
The solution for me is Dual SIM Selector from PixelRush I found in play store. Works fine and can make the dual life much easier ๐Ÿ˜€. Unfortunately is paid... But! Yes it works based on groups also ๐Ÿ‘ what is really cool ๐Ÿ˜€
Emir1
Hero

I am happy to hear that you managed to find a solution that works for you personally! Slightly_smiling_Face