Join now - be part of our community!

Weather widget bug (can't change chosen location)

azzido
Enthusiast

Weather widget bug (can't change chosen location)

Hi, I found the below bug, steps to recreate:

1.Add weather widget to any of your Home screen
2.Click the widget to maximize Weather app
3. Add a location and download weather information for it
4. Get back to Home screen (by either using back button or Home button) to see the weather information for a given location = everything fine so far
5. Get back to weather app and add second location, download weather information for it
6. Get back to Home screen (by either using back button or Home button) to see the weather information for a second location = weather widget still shows the information for first location = bug
7. Add multiple location, switch to other than first one and try to see it on a widget = not possible

Summary:
The only possibility to see other location (than the one set for the first time) is to delete the widget, add it again and set different location. Next ones will never be shown on a widget 😕

System version: 39.2.A.0. 386

5 REPLIES 5
Jonas
Master

Hi @azzido,

That is how it's supposed to work when adding a location manually, you can see the weather for a different location if you open up the widget, but the first location that you add will however be the one showing on the home screen of your phone.

If you use "Use my location" feature when setting up your location, it will update the location on your home screen, if you for example travel to another city.

If you remove the previous location you will either have to remove the widget and add it to your home screen again and choose a new location, or you can tap on it and choose a new location.

I hope that sheds some light on how the widget works! Slightly_smiling_Face

azzido
Enthusiast

Previously it was working different, when you changed the location and get back to widget the info from new location was shown. It is not the case now Slightly_frowning_Face
Jonas
Master

Hi again!

I can forward this as user feedback if you like.

There is also an open beta for the Xperia Weather application which you can join in on and leave feedback regarding the widget directly to them. Slightly_smiling_Face

https://plus.google.com/communities/116022629148284030380

azzido
Enthusiast

Great Jonas, please do so Slightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

I am sorry for the time it took to get back to you. Slightly_frowning_Face

I have forwarded your feedback internally!

If you haven't joined the beta for the Weather widget I'd recommend doing so, the more feedback they get the better it is! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else and have a great weekend! Slightly_smiling_Face