Join now - be part of our community!

The new dialer app (Android 7): Contacts tab

Korben-Dallas
Visitor

The new dialer app (Android 7): Contacts tab

I see that the new dialer app is implemented to closely resemble the app used by Google's Nexus devices. This is nice, considering that Favorites page is the most useful one and it appears to be a good match to the Google's app.

However, I don't immediately see the "Contacts to display" option in the Contacts tab of that app. Currently Contacts tab lists all my contacts. Meanwhile, I want to display only Google contacts with a specific label. How do I do that? Is it implemented?

16 REPLIES 16
fred4
Visitor

It's like back before when I had my z3c there was no option to block contacts without a 3rd party app, which within the Android phones was available within the contact menu...

Now we are able to block unwanted numbers easily but we can't get rid of multiple contacts by ticking them....

We have to do that one by one which is just silly
fred4
Visitor

Samsung not Android... My apologies... Not doing well today Slightly_frowning_Face
fred4
Visitor

Plus I shouldn't have to downgrade the operating system whilst I just upgraded to the latest flagship!!!!!!
Sunking1011
Contributor

The way I see it, I'm perfectly happy with my XZ other than the faulty double tap to wake feature. Yes I could pick fault with the standby battery drain and the camera too, but none of these three failings have been addressed by the Nougat update and a raft of other issues have been bundled in with 7.0; such as bluetooth problems, an ugly & cluttered dialler app, and perfornance issues. For me to update to Nougat I need to be better off than I am at present, not worse, so I will wait for a later Nougat update. Pixel phones are on 7.1.1 currently.
RihoP
Visitor

You don't need no third-party app to edit and filter contacts. There's a Contacts app where you can choose accounts and categories to filter your contacts. Quite clean and simple IMHO. And though they removed the contacts shortcut from dialer app, I personally like the new one more as I can now quickly access my contacts list with one quick swipe instead of opening another app thru shortcut.

Protoss
Visitor

Contacts app was very nice when I get my phone but after I updated it to latest version it changed like an old style. There is no vertical alphabet to choose the first char of contact anymore. Am I missing an option or it changed for good?

Sunking1011
Contributor

It's the Google contacts app and I hate it. Sony's own version in Marshmallow was infinitely better. I'm afraid that you'll have to dowload a few others to try from the Play store.