Join now - be part of our community!

Speaker Phone

annekads
Visitor

Speaker Phone

Hi i got the xperia xz yesterday, i tend to put alot of calls on speaker phone normally but i cant seem to find this function on the xz, i am not sure if i am being really silly but please can someone help me with this as i really need it!!

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@annekads you should have audio output in the call UI, select that and choose speaker.

alexdon
annekads
Visitor

hi thanks for getting back to me i pressed the audio out put button, but nothing seemed to happen. is another menu supposed to pop?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You should have 2 options, handset ear speaker and speaker, when you tap on that.

alexdon
annekads
Visitor

When I rap on it nothing comes up. It just highlights 🙁
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

That's strange, can you restart the phone and check again?

alexdon
CameronT
Champion

Hi @annekads,

Welcome to the community.

This is a bit strange :smileyconfused:. Can you please go to Settings > About Phone > Diagnostics > Test > Loudspeaker, and let us know if this works?

Hprl
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

Hi @annekads,

Welcome to the community.

This is a bit strange :smileyconfused:. Can you please go to Settings > About Phone > Diagnostics > Test > Loudspeaker, and let us know if this works?

Hi, I have an other speaker phone issue: The mic is deactivated when I hit the loudspeaker icon, thus making my phone work like a walkie talkie (I have to turn off the loudspeaker in order to reacitivate the mic). In other words the mic works perfectly as long as the lodspeaker is not active. It is model F8331 running android 7.0. I do not have any screen cover and have tried to run the phone in safe mode.