Join now - be part of our community!

Slow motion videos

SOLVED
isbesheer
Visitor

Slow motion videos

I know the phone can take slow motion videos using the Timeshift video app. Does any one know the resolution and the fps at which this app takes the videos?? And are there any other apps that can take slower videos (i.e.) higher fps??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

Hi @isbesheer,

Timeshift video takes 720p videos at 120fps. This is done with the default camera application.

I am not personally aware of any third party apps that can do this at a faster FPS, but the Xperia XZ Premium will be able to take slow motion 720p videos at 960FPS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @isbesheer,

Timeshift video takes 720p videos at 120fps. This is done with the default camera application.

I am not personally aware of any third party apps that can do this at a faster FPS, but the Xperia XZ Premium will be able to take slow motion 720p videos at 960FPS.

isbesheer
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I just thought that the camera inside the XZ is capable of shooting at a higher fps, something like the 240 fps you get on the iPhone. I hope that developers would think about updating the camera app to shoot at a higher fps if the hardware is capable of handling that. It's kind of sad to think that in a month's time the Xperia XZs would be available with almost the same specs of the XZ but with an additional gig of ram and the better camera. Makes one feel like having paid premium price for a beta device as the XZs looks more like the finished business.
CameronT
Champion

@isbesheer,

We do not know the release date of the XZs and XZ Premium yet, but that tends to be the nature of mobiles. Hardware upgrades come pretty frequently, new iterations come about every 6 months to a year.