Join now - be part of our community!

Autorotation problem before and after 7.0

SOLVED
Don82
Visitor

Autorotation problem before and after 7.0

Autorotation seems to be a problem to with 7.0 dat still was not fixed.after watchin video's in movie app oqg draw allot in album i nee to switch on and off the rotation setting to fix.hope sony fix it before release 7.1.1 update.

19 REPLIES 19
Xzs
Visitor

I have the same problem. I disabled "Google places history" and it has been working for aprox one day so far. (it use to go broken a couple of times every day and i hade to switch off->on auto rotate) i'll check back here when i have tested this a little longer.
Don82
Visitor

Yea, my problem still apear,even with latest ota.i get it with moments,an example,when i use camera quick launch and previeuw my picture.weard no others allmost expierence the same like me
ikramkhasim
Visitor

I've been having the same issue too intermittently. Resolves after restart.
Don82
Visitor

The x performance got a big discussion post for the same problem like me. This is how the x-line after the z series. I dislike this phone allot after my z3c.

Xzs
Visitor

I can confirm that unchecking "Google places history" "fix" this issue.. Settings->places->Google place history
Don82
Visitor

Ok, i can try that one
Don82
Visitor

Thx Xzs, it seem to be the solution that worked well. Still strange what google history has to do with rotation.
Xzs
Visitor

Yepp.. Very strange. Android N has alot of strange bugs. I cant understand why Sony hasnt confirmed the biggest bugs and a plan to resolve them. Atleast SOMETHING that would let us customers know that they are aware and are listening 👎🤔
Don82
Visitor

Even suport was not realy helpful while i try to bring major problems with the xz. At the end we just watch what result we get if we get lucky from the updates. Dunno,but they are not aware of all these posts here in china.Sony software developers must be active in forums to get all the info and make a quick fix with small ota's .
Sunking1011
Contributor

My XZ has just started to jam in landscape from time to time. I'm still on Marshmallow and have previously had zero issues with screen rotation the whole 2.5 months I've owned this phone.