Join now - be part of our community!

Screen repair Cost for Sony Xperia Z4 tablet?

Marysmith123
Visitor

Screen repair Cost for Sony Xperia Z4 tablet?

How much does it Cost to repair the broken screen of the Sony Xperia Z4 tablet, waterproof? 

19 REPLIES 19
Jonas
Master

Hi @Marysmith123, welcome to our forum!

For inquires regarding the cost of a repair, I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team as this is a Global user based forum and the cost for repairs may vary between markets.

They will also be able to assist you with any question you may have regarding warranty, local service routines and so forth.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jesslingtons
Visitor

I've just had a quote for £175.59 from Sony repair team to replace my cracked screen.

I paid £640 for the SOny Xperia Z4 device which has since been discontinued so to pay a further £175.59 is a complete disgrace!

Malchan
Visitor

My daughter cracked mine as well. I m thinking of buying a replacement screen from China problem they only sell a min of 5 screens. Will let you know what l decide. I think it works cheaper you can then change it yourself. Works out too 100 usd a screen. Min order 5. 

Jonas
Master

@Jesslingtons, I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, however do note that this is a Global user based forum and repair costs may vary between regions so for further information regarding this, I recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team as they are the experts on your market.

@Malchan, very sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly_frowning_Face

If that doesn't work out for you, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having it sent in to an authorized service centre!

Marysmith123
Visitor

This is really a shame! A reason to fight for our Right to Repair! I will definitely never ever buy a sony product again considering these circumstances.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Marysmith123, very sorry to hear that you feel this way.

As I wrote earlier, this is a Global user based support forum and all questions regarding repairs, such as cost of repairs, turn around time and so forth varies between regions/markets and your Local support are the experts on your market so please get in touch with them if you have any questions regarding repairs and they will gladly assist you.

DeadCat
Visitor

The response of it varies per country is utterly cynical!

In short that translates as we are ripping off users in some countries and don't give a sausage, but don't want to admit it.

I've been quoted a total of £232.29, minus labour and admin was £194.60 for a screen that I can buy for £60 and so is worth less to Sony.   In other words that is a charge of over 3 times the cost of compenent, and then to have the cheek of charging admin and labour - I coughed up once, it was relatively new, but certainly won't be again.

The nasty little so and so's are going to charge me £20 for getting it returned.

Jonas
Master

Hi @DeadCat, sorry to hear that you feel that way.

For inquires regarding the repair cost of your Xperia Z4 tablet, you will need to get in touch with your Local support team as this is not something I can assist you with here at our Global user based forum.

They are the experts on your market and are very well informed regarding warranty, local service routines and consumer laws!

DeadCat
Visitor

Hi,

I owe an apology - checking again and Z4 screens I could find were at around the £200 mark (Z1 are around £60) - so infact the service price (though eye popping) was fair enough.

Think it also comes with it's own guarentee for the work.

My apologies, I was rash with what I said and it would appear that around £200 for the replacing the sony screen is to be expected.  Please ignore my unwarrented gripe.