Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play Service Issue

rudy22
Visitor

Google Play Service Issue

Google play has disappeared from my tablet, and I have an error message, "Google Play services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device.  Please contact the manufacturer for assistance.  GMail doesn't work, popping up this error.  I didn't do anything out of the ordinary that I can think of.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

Do you mean that Google Play Store icon is gone? If you go to Settings > Apps > The tab "All", can you find it here? Or do you have tab which is called "Disabled" via Settings > Apps?

rudy22
Visitor

Hello,

Yes, Google Play Store icon is gone.  When I go to Settings > Device > Apps > All, I find Google Play Services, but not Play Store.  I do have a disabled tabl, but only things there are Google+, Hangouts, and Socialife.

Hampus
Champion

That sounds strange. Google Play Store should not just disappear, it's not even possible to uninstall this application.

If you cannot find Google Play Store via the tabs All or Disabled, I suggest that you perform a software repair via PC Companion:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

Note that, when you perform a software repair, your personal data will be lost. Don't forget to backup:
/t5/FAQ/Backup-amp-Transfer/m-p/407253

In7
Visitor

Hi Google play service is missing in my mobile and crome is not in mobile and play store is also not in mobile... so how to get these apps please tell me

helnywillson
Visitor

I have lost all my apps on my phone. I am worried about that. Please tell me the solution.