Join now - be part of our community!

Android 4.2.2 for Sony Xperia Tablet Z UK Model SGP312

DaMikki
Explorer

Android 4.2.2 for Sony Xperia Tablet Z UK Model SGP312

Hello,

Does anyone know when the Xperia Tablet Z  WiFi only model can expect to recieve the update to Android 4.2.2 ? The LTE Model SGP321 has already received it's update but there is still no word of an update for the SGP312 / WiFi only model in the UK. 

Or does someone know how to update manually without rooting my device ?  I'd like to run Sony's stock Android 4.2.2 distribution rather than any custom builds.

Cheers

DaMikki   

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

Unfortunately for the first Sony tablets updates in the UK were quite some time after the US. However, Sony might have changed their ways for the Tab Z. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Ian

I have an SGP321 too, and it's on Android 4.1.2 still, and is 4G version, which I got through Vodafone. I've checked for updates but it always says there are none. Is there another way to update other than over wi-fi?

Tags (1)

Hi, I have just bought a sony z tablet. I am new to android (still iPhone user). Am actually quite frustrated that am not able to get the latest update of a LATEST TABLET? This sounds all so new to me.
profile.country.en_GB.title
hungerdunger
New

I don't want to worry you, but my experience with the Xperia S tablet was pretty bad. 

I bought mine in September 2012 shortly after its release.  I eventually got the JellyBean update 4.1.1 around May of this year (more than 9 months after its release by Google), and that appears to be the final update that I'll receive. Contrast this with my Nexus 4 phone. This was launched in November 2012; is currently running Jelly Bean 4.3 and by the end of the year will probably be on KitKat 4.4.

IIRC the owners of the original Tablet S were even worse treated and didn't get the Jelly Bean update at all.

My impression is that Sony are only interested in selling you a Tablet and once they have done that, as far as they are concerned, you can just sod off.  And trying to get any update information from them is like getting blood out of a stone.