Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
kzagham

Expectations on the upcoming Xperia Pro II

Feel free to jump in, adding in your own thoughts, views and expectations for the upcoming Xperia Pro II, later on this year. Well, fingers crossed for a new Xperia Pro I MK2 (I for Imaging, Imagination and the Inquisitorius 😉). So let's jump right into it! 

1. All for the new Exmor T brand! Hopefully we see some new, innovative sensors across the board. All new sensors, exclusively for the Xperia Pro II. It shouldn't be a reshelled Xperia 1 V but have it's own identity as the flagship beyond, something that sits above the iPhone 14 Pro Max's and S23 Ultra's of this world - going into Fold territory. Did like the idea of different aspect ratio for the main camera on the Xperia 1 V, so no longer a 4:3 sensor. Hopefully that same innovation and boundary pushing approach can go into the Xperia Pro II. I for one, wouldn't mind a 24mm main 21:9 or 18:9 sensor either. 
  2. More AI/ Computation chops - don't think there is anything quite like Apple's Deep Fusion off the bat. This is something Sony needs to work on, the Xperia 1 V has seen quite a few AI improvements, hopefully it gets taken another step up for the Pro II. An example of an area AI could be used is taking a picture using a non primary camera, quickly take a picture, then take a picture with the main 24mm and try taking a picture with the other lens again. In most cases, the second picture with the non-primary camera turns out better. As the AI picks up on it, but AI needs to be proactive not just reactive. 
  3. Remembering the I stands for Imaging (Both Photography & Videography). Whatever that needs, more RAM, onboard sensor RAM, bigger dimensions, more thickness - no stone left unturned to squeeze the best out of the device. 
  4. Zoom, the Xperia 1 V missed an iteration on the Continous Zoom lens, hopefully an evolved form can be used in the Xperia Pro II. 
  5. Better auto HDR, the auto mode isn't the best on the Xperia 1 IV. It normally darkens the image a lot or if it is bright enough will overexpose. The only way to get proper HDR is to use manual mode to get to a higher brightness that isn't too underexposed in the lower boundary of brightness areas and the overexposed background will fix itself. This needs to be more automatic in auto mode. Take the best picture possible. 
  6. Built in photo/ video - editing software. That is self-explanatory.
  7. The stuff/ tech capped at 4K 30fps recording, be that Wider Dynamic Range, better stabilisation, tracking features and whatever else is making 4K 30fps perform at its best carrying over to 4K 60fps, including seamless zoom when recording video (not sure how much of that has made it's way to the Xperia 1 V, but whatever is left can also be upgraded for the Pro II) 🙂
  8. Higher bitrate video recording option (can be a toggle, but the phone should allow for the highest bitrate output regardless of storage sacrifice). The removable SD card can be put to some good use here!
  9. Improved selfie camera, the addition of 4K 60 fps is amazing! However, the sensor size and performance can use a boost.
  10. Some collaboration with Google, for streaming onto chromecast devices in better quality. The Xperia Pro II would be built to make & share content, so it would be good to see some work in this area. With the standard Xperia, the colours are always picked incorrectly and there is a massive dip in quality on-screen. Even if that's a seperate option (export current video into shareable/ castable version).

In either case, Sony is undoubtedly working on something amazing, double the trouble with the Mk2! Look forward to seeing what other surprises Sony have in mind for us!

Who Me Too'd this topic