Who Me Too'd this topic

aHumanError
Explorer

Yet another Cast issue

Hi there.

I have a Sony KD-55XD8005 I bought about 6 or more months ago, and I was able to cast pictures and mirror my phone to it until I upgraded the software (now 6.0.1). I had some unrelated issues with it after the upgrade (Including constantly wrong time) so I did do a factory reset, and I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the cast app via the play store, and also resetting the TV to no avail.

If I search for the TV in Windows 10 it does show up and I can select it but it just sits there and says 'Couldn't connect' after a few minutes. If I try and search with my phone (Samsung S7) sometimes it does appear (sometimes it doesn't) but then when I try and connect it just dissapears from the list after a minute and doesn't show up again.

a3.png

I've searched the net for this and the only posts I find about this are dated from last year, so surely it must be some setting wrong or something; can't just be my TV.

I know if I get on the phone to Sony they'll start telling me to do another factory reset/check updates/reset router etc etc and it's all stuff I've done over time, I'm running out of options.

Can anybody shed light on this? Thanks.

Who Me Too'd this topic