Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Official death of Original Tablet S

Well I guess the new community and forum has finally signalled the death of the original Tablet S.

As an early adopter (bought on day 2 of release!) I championed the tablet as new and innovative, loved it and put up with some of the quirks, help resolve a few and like to think I was an active member of the Sony Tablet community - unfortunately Sony didn't repay any loyalty and the tablet will be my last Sony purchase.

I have in the past been a sony advocate walkmans, minidisc, playstations, psp, satio phone, Alpha DSLR's but no more - I was burnt by the satio - support ceased and again with the Tablet S support effectively ceased less than a year after release (god knows how Tablet P owners feel!!).

The Tablet S was a chance to do something different and differentiate themselves but to stop support so soon when it was brought out on a supposed more open platform like Android is appaling. I have an expensive remote control now! It actual fct it is being used by my 9yr old daughter to surf and play suduko about all it's good for and not the best at those!

I have moved to an iPad something I had wanted to avoid in the tablet world but it works is well supported and won't get ditched in less than 18ths!

As for SONY no more purchases no more tech, cameras (i like) have ceased anyway, nikon is now my choice, playstation - no more purchases only xbox, phones - apple, laptops - Mac, Tablets - Apple, tv - samsung, audio - bose or B&O.....I know many others following a similar path (different tech - not SONY) after being let down. WIll they ever learn - who know and no I don't care.

I'm posting this because I do feel a little bitter towards Sony - but also to say cheerio to the folks on the forum who I used to interact with if they come here.

Padster

Who Me Too'd this topic