Join now - be part of our community!

WH1000XM4 - Wearing detection and MS Teams

profile.country.GB.title
Slimtater
Explorer

WH1000XM4 - Wearing detection and MS Teams

I have a pair of WH1000XM4 which are working fine for me generally. I do have one niggling issue when on Teams calls though.

If for any reason I remove the headphones when on a teams call the audio stops and when I put the headphones back on the call audio does not restart. I guess this is the wearing detection working as it does when listening to music, but does anyone know how i can restart it?  The only way I have at the moment is to leave and rejoin the teams call which is a bit annoying (and obvious to other people!). I'm using Teams on a macbook if that makes any difference.

Any advice gratefully received!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Slimtater 

have you installed Sony Headphones app on your device? you can change some settings for the headphones like disabling turning off when removed.

profile.country.GB.title
Slimtater
Explorer

Thanks, I did read you can turn the detection off but I actually quite like the functionality and it works well apart from when on a teams call. I was hoping there might be a way of fixing rather than working around. 

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Slimtater 

one more idea. when you put your headset back on and try to tap the side, does it resume the audio?

I would also suggest if you can post your problem to the microsoft forum to see if there compatibility problems with the MS Teams app..

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Slimtater, I assume it's an issue related to Teams app. But you can try to reset and initialize the headphones, then re-pair them from scratch with your Macbook.

Also check if your headphones are up to date 

Hope that helps

profile.country.GB.title
Slimtater
Explorer

hadn't thought of this, will give it a try!

Piscie
Community Team

@Slimtater, hopefully it will work. Let us know how it goes here!

profile.country.GB.title
Slimtater
Explorer

Quick Update.  I turned the wearing detection off in the Sony App (and tested it was no longer present i.e. music kept playing when removing headphones.) Also checked firmware is up to date.

However, this doesn't seem to have solved the MS Teams issue. If I remove the headphones whilst on a Teams call I still lose all sound when i put them back on again and have to rejoin the call. Tapping the right headphone doesn't trigger the sound to start again.

Does anyone have any further ideas?

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Slimtater, have you tested the MS Team app with your headphones from any different device other than your Macbook?