Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 stuttering on S23 Ultra on Wi-Fi

profile.country.RO.title
rockwilder
Explorer

WH-1000XM4 stuttering on S23 Ultra on Wi-Fi

Hello,

I just bought a new S23 Ultra and I connected to WH-1000XM4 headset.

While I'm connected on Wi-Fi and play music on Spotify or Apple Music, the songs stutter, stop for a second and then continue without any warning on my phone. I selected in Sony Headphones app option Prior to stable connection, but no effect. Also, Adaptive Sound Control, Connect to 2 devices simultaneously and Speak-to-chat are disabled. This thing doesn't happen on mobile data, it happens only on Wi-Fi. I tried before this with a S21 FE and the issue never appeared.

Does anybody have an idea how can I solve this?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @rockwilder since it is only happening with your S23 Ultra and not with the S21FE, it might be something related to some sort of settings on the phone.

Try to forget the headset from the paired devices on your phone, try to restart your phone, uninstall and then reinstall the app.
Also, you need to make sure that the headset is running on the latest software version, after that initialize the headset and then test again.

I hope this helps

profile.country.RO.title
rockwilder
Explorer

Hello.

I already did those steps for several times and nothing. The headset is running on the latest software version. I resetted the headset and still the same behavior.

My mother bought also a S23 Ultra and I tested the headset also with her phone and I obseved the same behavior.

profile.country.GB.title
nalfylatino
Explorer

I have bought the new WH-CH720N bluetooth headphones and they keep disconnecting and connecting at random times. Like the jingle happens, second later another jingle and it reconnects by itself.

I am using a Samsung S23 Plus. I am actually on my second pair of these headphones as I received a replacement few days ago about still doing it. At the moment I am actually trying to use the headphones without the Sony app to see if there may be some sort of interference. Also, there is a possibility that these S23 phones have some sort of Wi-fi setting that maybe causing the issue? I am not sure. Whatever the case is, I will try without the app (which is silly since the app is needed to change EQ and have full control). 

Piscie
Community Team

@rockwilder, for me it seems a compatibility issue since it's only happening with the S23 Ultra. Have you tested different wireless headphones with this model before? I'd also recommend to contact Samsung support directly to discuss it further.

Piscie
Community Team

@nalfylatino I don't think the app has anything to do with the connection issue. In my opinion, it seems an issue related to this model or a compatibility issue. Have you tested the headphones with any other phone to confirm? Also, is there any software update for this phone? It might solve the problem 

profile.country.GB.title
nalfylatino
Explorer

Hi, everything is up to date on my phone. To answer your question I have tried several headphones (Anker Soundcore Q30, Q35, Bose Q45 and some older Sony WH-CH510s) none of them have the problem.

Ever since deleting the app and pairing the phone this morning I have not had these cut outs. Regardless, I have contacted Sony about this.

profile.country.RO.title
rockwilder
Explorer

I tried on my S23 Ultra with OnePlus Pro buds and nothing happened. It worked normally.

Piscie
Community Team

@nalfylatino yes i'd recommend contacting Sony directly about this to investigate the matter from their end, it seems an app glitch or a compatibility;ity issue.