Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 Audio Stuttering Stopping Starting when connected to TV

profile.country.GB.title
inamghafoor
New

WH-1000XM4 Audio Stuttering Stopping Starting when connected to TV

Hi

I have had the Sony WH-1000XM4 Headphones since launch and they are awesome no issues when connected to my android smartphone or Windows Dell Laptop however when these are connected my Samsung 49" MU7000 smart TV the audio stutters starts and stops, once I disconnect and reconnect I may get about 5 mins of normal audio playback but then goes back to audio stuttering starting stopping, Headphone Firmware is updated to the latest and fully charged, When the audio stutters I am in the same room as the TV only about 2-3 meters away from it, Any ideas how to resolve?

I still have my old Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones which connect to the same TV (Samsung 49" MU7000) with no issues at all no Audio Stuttering at all, they sound awesome

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Robb1e1 , the XM3 and the XM4 has different Bluetooth profiles, maybe it's a compatibility issue. Did you test it with another device? (Not a TV)?

profile.country.GB.title
Robb1e1
Explorer

Hi,

It is Ironic as when Headphone is connected to my smart tv via Bluetooth, and you put on a radio channel it sounds ok,

It's when listening to sky tv sports channels, in particular, it stutters very badly, there doesn't seem to be a Quick fix.

I was on another similar forum and what people will keep continuing to do, is keep sending them back as faulty 2 or 3 times as I have with the same issue, then the market will be flooded with second-hand XM4 Headphones, not to mention the admin costs for everyone, will be a big headache.

now I know its a compatibility problem, with Samsung smart TVs and no easy fix, I'm not going to change all my TVs as I have 4 of them for the rooms, and one sony in the Livingroom, i will just send these back as faulty and try and get a another decent brand similar  

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I see. Make sure to check the compatibility  before purchase then.