Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 drop outs during playback with iPhone

profile.country.GB.title
Stoobloo
Explorer

WF-1000XM3 drop outs during playback with iPhone

This 'may' be an Apple issue with their iOS 14, but I wondered if anyone else had noticed that during playback there's quite often a 'drop out' of audio for a second at the most, not a connection drop but whatever your listening to goes silent for a second, playback continues so you 'miss' what was playing at the moment of the drop out.

During half an hour it will usually do this 2-6 times.

I have tried prioritising stable connection, audio quality and enabling and disabling DSEE HX to no avail.

Any ideas?

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
mcneilm
Explorer

I've got this same issue, every song played with have a tiny drop out. After upgrading the firmware to the latest version, I've tried restarting them, factory resetting them, forgetting the blue tooth pairing (and then repairing) prioritising the connection over sound quality, but all to no avail. I use an iPhone 11 Pro. I listen to them through spotify, if that is any significance.

did anyone who has experienced similar issues find a solution to the problem? Moreover, is there anyone on here who has NO issue whatsoever with the MX3's and iphones? (trying to rule out if I've got a dodgy pair)

profile.country.GB.title
Warrentill
Explorer

Have you tried with Ambient Sound Control switched off?
I get the same ‘drop out’ but only when Ambient Sound Control is on and switching between ambient modes. When they detect I’m walking they switch to Ambient and that’s when I get a ‘drop out’ and if I stand still for a few seconds they switch back and I get another ‘drop out’.