Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 charging case light problem

profile.country.GB.title
Deantug
New

WF-1000XM3 charging case light problem

I have noticed that when I'm charging the earbuds the light on the charging case does not light up. The red light on the earbuds light up and they seem to charge fine but the red light on the case doesn't come on.

when I plug a charging cable into the case the red light comes on for a short period (10 seconds) but then it goes off again.

ive updated the firmware to version 2.3.0 but can't seem to figure out why the light on the case doesn't stay illuminated when the earbuds are inside and with the lid closed, or open, it doesn't make a difference.

the light is obviously working as I've seen it, and the buds charge ok, but why on earth is the light not staying on when the earbuds are in the case ?

could somebody please help me out on this as I'm not getting any decent information from Sony themselves ?

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried giving it a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Deantug
New

Hi,

yes i I have done both a reset and initialised them.

i have done the following methods....

with the earbuds in the case, press and hold the left earbud for 20seconds and released after the light stopped flashing, also the same with the right earbud.

ive also pressed the two earbuds and the same time until the light flashed blue etc etc.

i have recently found that the charging case will light up all the time but this is very rare and it happened the other day when I connected the charging wire to a laptop.

however, once I thought that it might be to do with the phone charger plug I been using I unplugged the wire ( when it was permanently lit ) waited a few seconds and then reconnected. And gues what ... it wouldn't do it again and the light went off after a few seconds.

im wondering what I'm doing wrong because the light obviously works, and the light will also stay on all the time but very rarely that happens 

profile.country.GB.title
wmcallister044
Explorer

Yeah it hasn't worked and Sony warranty support isn't responding

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey wmcallister044 , try the chat, they respond instantly:

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?cpint=spt-footer_contact