Join now - be part of our community!

Windows7 and Vaio

profile.country.en_GB.title
denjohns8
Visitor

Windows7 and Vaio

Oh Dear!
I have a Laptop Vaio VGN-FZ31Z that is about a year old. It is a high spec machine but Sony are not supporting an upgrade to Windows 7. This does not seem right for a company that publicises its customer support at every opportunity. Is anyone else out there disappointed with Sony's attitude. I am especially upset because it isn't that the hardware is incompatible only that Sony has used a special tweaked version of the NVIDIA driver and doesn't seem to be willing to provide an updated version. NVIDIA don't see a problem with their reference card.
Dennis

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
trmante74
Visitor

Agreed,

I dont know why they cannot provide a solution & charge for it.... hayho; I assume their strategy is buy completley new.

I would also like an upgrade to SSD (to replace slow HDD) but cannot find a service to provide this.

Happy Days,
T

nikbalki
Visitor

Oh Dear!
I have a Laptop Vaio VGN-FZ31Z that is about a year old. It is a high spec machine but Sony are not supporting an upgrade to Windows 7. This does not seem right for a company that publicises its customer support at every opportunity. Is anyone else out there disappointed with Sony's attitude. I am especially upset because it isn't that the hardware is incompatible only that Sony has used a special tweaked version of the NVIDIA driver and doesn't seem to be willing to provide an updated version. NVIDIA don't see a problem with their reference card.
Dennis

I have the same model of vaio and the same problem with the graphic card on windows 7. Does anyone know if there is a driver that supports the installation of this graphic card on windows 7?
Please answer!

Nikos

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In order to use a non Sony NVIDIA driver you need a modified .inf file.

I suggest that you have a look here:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

Make sure to read the quickstart guide.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat