Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FE31M and Vista Ultimate x64

wooderz
Visitor

VGN-FE31M and Vista Ultimate x64

Hi all, a little help please?

I have Vista Ultimate x64 installed on my VGN-FE31M and have 3 devices that aren't installed properly.

"Mass Storage Controller"
"Unknown Device"
"USB 2.0 Web Camera"

Any ideas where I can get installers for these?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

Thought Blencogo said that there was both versions on the DVD?

I don't think that includes the OEM version of Vista..

MattWilson
Visitor

Retail and Upgrade versions include both versions on separate DVDs (really for booting reasons).

OEM is one or the other.

Here are the versions you can buy and what they include.

:slight_smile:

wooderz
Visitor

Hi,

Mine is OEM and is only one version. x64. Never mind. My vendor won't replace it. Says I should have researched even though it was his advice on which I bought it. Ass.

Will have to save again to get x86. And yes I've 2Gb RAM so I guess that mem usage is normal.

I feel for those with PC's holding 512Mb

Me

MattWilson
Visitor

Hi,

Mine is OEM and is only one version. x64. Never mind. My vendor won't replace it. Says I should have researched even though it was his advice on which I bought it. Ass.

Will have to save again to get x86. And yes I've 2Gb RAM so I guess that mem usage is normal.

I feel for those with PC's holding 512Mb

Me

Well 1GB is really the absolute minimum in my view but 2GB is really ideal. Anymore and you will be wasting your money because you are very unlikely to use it. The only advantage of x64 versions are that they can support much more RAM but no one needs.

You could try selling your vista copy to someone that wants it, i am sure some one does!

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Windows Vista Ultimate BLACK BOX carries both 32 & 64-bit versions.

The OEM VERSIONS are EITHER 32 OR 64-bit but are a fair bit cheaper to buy.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would tell him to not bother waiting for you to buy anything from him again.

I'd also tell him you'd bring it up with Trading Standards.

profile.country.nl_GB.title
slnko111
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit . I miss the same drivers but most important for me is USB2.0 Web Camera.

64 bit windows 7 works fine and is beter then xp or wista or 32 bit.

Just sony vaio support lacks 64 bit windows 7... just such mistake  :slight_frown:

profile.country.DE.title
djkalle
Hero

Hi !!!!

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/hub/sony_europe.html

Modell and Number and GOOOOOO

profile.country.DE.title
djkalle
Hero

Hi !!!

http://www.notebookforum.at/sony-vaio-forum/36690-kompletter-windows-7-installations-guide-gilt-auch...