Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FZ21Z Recovery Issues

Mirzaja
Visitor

Vaio FZ21Z Recovery Issues

I have a viao FZ21Z, had problems with the Hard Disk so I replaced it now am trying to reinstall from recovery disks which I had created when I purchased my notebook, it does't seem to install properly get an error message but have still managed to reinstall but for some reason windvd BD seems to be missing. Anyone with any ideas please.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mirzaja,

WinDVD BD can only be installed as part of a full reinstallation of the original Sony Operating System and cannot be installed individually. If your Recovery Discs are faulty or corrupt, you will need to contact Vaio Support and obtain new copies of the Recovery Discs.

It is likely there will be a charge of around €40.

:wink:

Mirzaja
Visitor

Thank you

I have since done a compelete systems reinstall sucessfully from the recovery cd's, the only issue left now is the error message ID=0008 when i try to do auto Viao updates. I have found some old threads from 2007 and its seems it was a common issue then don't know if it has been resolved have not got to the end ot thread. Any ideas or help would be appreciated

Mirzaja
Visitor

Have found the patch and the error issue has been cured and the system is uptodate. :slight_smile: