Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RX1 Optical out problem

schedski
Visitor

PCV-RX1 Optical out problem

My optical out no longer seems to work.

I think it may be related to the XP SP1 update so I checked the Sony support to get the latest Yamaha AC-XG drivers (6.13.10.2152). However it appears I already have this version of the drivers installed and it wouldn't let me install over them.

Is there perhaps an optical out setting I'm missing? I have checked audio properties as thoroughly as I can but can't see anything. Also there doesn't appear to be any documentation for the card either.

Can anyone help me? I really want to be able to record onto my MiniDisc soon! :slight_frown:

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
EzDoezIt
Visitor

There is an optical setting in the Yamaha applet in the Control Panel.

Have a look at these :arrow: VAIO Link solutions. Hopefully one of them will help you.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm not 100% satisfied with that soundcard. Sometimes it makes funny noises, something it didn't do before SP1

schedski
Visitor

Hmmm - can't seem to find any optical setting in my Yamaha control panel (or the Sounds and Audio one for that matter - am using XP BTW). We ARE talking about an AC-XG here (for a Vaio desktop not a laptop??)

wyrgat
Visitor

I came across the same problem with optical out today. I've just solved this - the problem is with the signed driver that you mention. I rolled the driver back to the previous unsigned version, (from Sounds and Audio devices in the Control Panel > Hardware > YAMAHA AC-XG Audio device). After doing that there are more options within the Yamaha AC-XG applet in the Control Panel, in line with Eddie's reply. You need to set the Digital Output to ON (digital sources only).

Good luck!
Richard

schedski
Visitor

Thanks for that. I'm away from my PC until the New Year so will have a look then and get back to you if I have any more problems.

Cheers
Rich