Join now - be part of our community!

having aol 8.0 problems with rz16g

bobb
Visitor

having aol 8.0 problems with rz16g

Has anybody tried to install AOL 8.0 on their RZ16G computer and gotten it to work :smileyconfused::
Everytime I sign on to aol 8.0, my computer shuts down and restarts. Any suggestions?
Please help me with my problem....

4 REPLIES 4
VAIOneer
Visitor

I would seriously suggest that you not use AOL software at all !!! :!: :!:

Instead, go to their help pages (or their telephone help number) and find out the dial up settings for yourself and input them manually.
Trust me, you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble if you go down this route.

Floandal
Visitor

Are you saying that you can obtain the settings to enter into the dial-up Wizard Jaan, to set up the connection, then use Outlook for the AOL mail ?

Alan.

VAIOneer
Visitor

Yep - do exactly that.

Get all the dial up settings you need, phone numbers, defauly gateways, dns entries, pop3 mail server name, smtp server name etc etc.

At least if you add them manually (which honestly is not difficult to do), there is less chance of buggy software causing your machine grief

Floandal
Visitor

Then this may answer my question in the topic "Online anywhere" Jaan, as I have an idea that AOL will allow you to log on using a freephone No. from any address, in fact if I remember they do have the facility to enter the new number you are logging on from in their menu.
Just that using their software, you can't use Outlook to check mail from other accounts.

But if I can use their details to set-up and use Outlook , then I can also check my accounts forwarded to Outlook at present from Plusnet and One&One.

AOL do provide a limited hours package which is all I would need while away from home.

So you may well have come up with the answer to my question after all my friend, --- only in the wrong section ! ! !

Cheers, --- Alan.