Join now - be part of our community!

BluRay Playback

jaylfc1980
Visitor

BluRay Playback

Hi guys

New to the forum but had to join as have a problem!

I have an AR51M and have recently bought 24 Season 7. Basically it won't play correctly in the bluray drive in the laptop. I have the latest firmware released on Sony Support, have the latest version of WinDVD Pro 2010 which fully supports BRD but i get corrupted display (like when your TV signal breaks up) although the the audio is fine. I've also swapped the boxset for another brand new, sealed one to rule out problem discs.

I'd like to know if there's anything i can do to get this playing and, if not, is Sony going to release a firmware update for the drive? If there's not gonna be any more firmware updates then it kinda defeats the object of having BR in the lappy as newer discs will not play!

If anyone can give me any help here i'd very much appreciate it!!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jaylfc1980,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Did you purchase and install WinDVD Pro 2010.?

If so have you checked the Corel site for any updates.?

jaylfc1980
Visitor

Hi

Thanks!

Yeah, i have checked and i have the latest version of WinDVD Pro 2010, also tried with my fully up to date WinDVD 9 Plus and get the same problem. All other blurays work prefectly, no problems at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jaylfc1980,

what about the original Sony supplied Win DVD BD do the playback problems remain.?

jaylfc1980
Visitor

TBH i don't know as i'm not prepared to wipe my laptop to get it back to factory original state having had it running for nearly 2 years!

Like i said, everything else runs fine on it and the discs work fine on both the bluray player in the living room and on my friends PS3. Searching around the net shows there is a 1.5 version of the firmware for my drive (Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S) but as it's not on the sony site i don't want to try it in case i bork the drive...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

TBH i don't know as i'm not prepared to wipe my laptop to get it back to factory original state having had it running for nearly 2 years!

I can understand that..

Searching around the net shows there is a 1.5 version of the firmware for my drive (Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S) but as it's not on the sony site i don't want to try it in case i bork the drive...

At the moment all I can suggest is that you asked Vaio support if there is a firmware update available for your drive.?