Join now - be part of our community!

Can't send files to laptop using bluetooth

SOLVED
legioncato
Visitor

Can't send files to laptop using bluetooth

i am having trouble sending files via bluetooth to my sony vaio laptop.i can send from my laptop but not from my phone.both are paired so im not sure what to do

Topic edited by Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

I remember using a program called Bluesoleil which can be found and downloaded from the below link

www.ivtcorporation.com/download/downloadfile/IVT_BlueSoleil_10.0.417.0.zip

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Rickard
Master

Before you can send a file to a computer using bluetooth you need to set your computer to accept this. How you do that depends on the bluetooth software in the computer but usually you have a bluetooth icon in the system tray in Windows. Rightclick on that and then select "Receive file" or similar.

legioncato
Visitor

it doesnt give me this option.when i try to send it comes up unable to send file nothing else.its strange how i can sen=d from my laptop

Thommo
Genius

If you are trying to send files to your phone from your laptop then some devices require pairing so you may need to pair your device 1st

On your laptop open bluetooth options and choose scan for devices also on your phone open bluetooth setting and tap make device discoverable then hopefully your laptop will see your phone then choose your phone and you may be prompted with a code which you will have to enter into your phone, once done you should be able to send files without having to make your phone discoverable and vice versa

legioncato
Visitor

i have paired them both but am still unable to send from my phone to my laptop?i keep getting file not sent on my phone

Thommo
Genius

The only way I'm able to do that is as per what Rickard said which is to right click my bluetooth icon found in the bottom right corner then choosing Receive File as below - If you don't have that then you should have in your options a setting to receive files or worded Prepare to receive a file

14-10-2013 16-53-52.jpg

legioncato
Visitor

when i right click the only options i get are

add a blue tooth device

show bluetooth device

join a personnal area network

open bluetooth connections

turn bluetooth adaptor off

remove blue tooth icon

Thommo
Genius

It looks and sounds like you need to open your Bluetooth program to get the other options needed in order to be able to receive files if you don't have such options then I'd advise you to install any software you might have for it or search for alternative software that will allow you more control over what options you have

legioncato
Visitor

also it doesnt seem as if my bluetooth on my phone seems to be working properly?

legioncato
Visitor

i wouldnt no where to start on devices so any ideas would be welcome?can i uninstall and add a new bluetoooth device?