Join now - be part of our community!

Big headache of charging!

SOLVED
bilok
Visitor

Big headache of charging!

A month ago I bought a brand new sony xperia m and within 10 days it stopped charging properly!! I had it connected and it seemed to try to charge....reaching around 10% of battery and then discharging...going to 9%...8%...etc. And this was the case of most of my efforts to charge it...the problem was leaving and coming back on its own. Finally I sold the device, to get rid of the problem as well.

But liked so much the phone that I got a new Sony xperia M! And now, after a week of usage, showed the same charging issue!!!!! I am so much disappointed with Sony and this device that I loved so much. If I give it to the official service, it will take 10 days before they return it back...so 10 days without phone and without sure if I will have a functional device back in my hands...

Crying_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Probably,your phone just needed to be charged(never let it discharge completely).If it still happens in the future,connect to wall charger and turn it on after 1 or 2 hours of charge.

alexdon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Have you ever let the phone discharge until turning off?I suggest you try a software repair with sony update service.

alexdon
c49uta
Visitor

My Sony can't charge on a usb ie laptop/car it uses power faster than it can charge. That battery also drains very fast I need to charge twice a day :'(
bilok
Visitor

Yes, actually today that the problem appeared again, I had left it discharge and turn off, and then I tried to charge it...with no luck. Now I am in the office and my colleague borrowed me his charger (samsung 2.0A vs mine with is Sony 850mA) and it is charging! Could it be that my charger is weak? For sure mine is not faulty because with this my wife charges her own Sony xperia E.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Probably,your phone just needed to be charged(never let it discharge completely).If it still happens in the future,connect to wall charger and turn it on after 1 or 2 hours of charge.

alexdon
bilok
Visitor

Still the charging is not smooth...it reached 61% and almost stucked there for an hour...went back to 60% and stopped there for more than half an hour. Now I connected my colleague's charger (samsung 2Amber) and increases quickly and smoothly...already at 65% in just 10 minutes! I think Sony should have put a stronger charger in place for Sony Xperia M...this 850mA does not do its job!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It is small amperage,though.My Xperia P charger has 1500 mah output.

alexdon
bilok
Visitor

And imagine that M has 1700mAh battery and P has 1300mAh....how can I charge a bigger battery with weaker charger? Sony please explain!! You owe me a proper charger!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Give sony a message,see what they say.

alexdon