Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with TX10 - consumer rights. Advice needed please

profile.country.GB.title
dangernish
New

Problem with TX10 - consumer rights. Advice needed please

Hi

I'm away and before I left I bought a TX10 from the Sony store. The main reason I bought it and upgraded my previous cybershot was that it was advertised and sold as a waterproof product (to the limits stated).
Today I went snorkelling for the first time. I made sure all of the compartments were sealed properly and took a couple of videos. I only went underwater 12 inches - max. I know because of the snorkel depth - and I had a life jacket on.
Now the camera is ruined. The screen was flickering so I left it off for a while and dried it out. But it wont switch on and it switches itself on intermittently. The speaker also appears to be not working now also.
Now I always buy Sony Vaio laptops and Sony Cybershot cameras. But now I'm really annoyed. I'm away traveling - something I've been saving to do for a long time and I wanted a camera to capture memories and this cops out when I use it for the first time underwater - whilst paying attention to the due care rules.
Now Ive got nothing to take pictures on. I can't afford a new camera. And I can't send it away (I don't think?) as im in Thailand at the moment.
Can anyone tell me my rights on this please?
Feel very let down by this :slight_frown: I can't find a customer service email. This is the only problem I have ever had with a Sony product in all of my years using them. I've been using Cybershot since 2004!
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is disappointing.

I'm not sure what is possible in Thailand but you may be able to email Sony Support via their website: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime/email

:thinking: