Join now - be part of our community!

PMB imports images which are already imported.

profile.country.en_GB.title
AlbertRoss12
Visitor

PMB imports images which are already imported.

I have a DSC-HX9V which I am very pleased with apart from the occasional overly noise reduced jpegs... (This really needs a firmware upgrade to fix it, please Mr Sony).

When I connect to my PC (Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit) I allow Sony PMB software to download new images. But even though I have ticked the "Import only media files that have not been imported" tick box, there are certain images which get imported EVERY time. And there are LOADS of images it wants to import... This is clogging up my hard drive and is very inefficent, and much slower to download.

Sony even have an FAQ to answer the question "Videos and photos that have already been imported to the computer are imported again and again." But their answer is to tick the "Import only media files that have not been imported" box...

http://guide.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/pmb/5500/us/t1140_faq.htm

This surely can't just be affecting me???

12 REPLIES 12
Mick2011
New

Hello again :slight_smile:

It's v unlikely to be the card reader causing that issue. I'm fairly sure you just need to upgrade PMB, now at v5.8:

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=PMB&m=DSC-HX9V

Let me know how it works out

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.nl_NL.title
bklaver
Visitor

Same problem here.

All video files are imported; also the previous ones from my camera HDR-SR11.

I'm using the latest PMB software (downloaded yesterday from your website; version 5.8.0.2.10270).

How to solve the problem?

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello :slight_smile:

When using the USB card reader, have you just tried using the regular file transfer features within Windows / your operating system? There have been a few instances that I have seen where users have preferred to bypass PMB altogether. I know that it is not an ideal solution, but I only speak as someone who does the same with my own photos and videos as I prefer the level of control that it gives me.

Thanks,

Simon