Join now - be part of our community!

PMB imports images which are already imported.

profile.country.en_GB.title
AlbertRoss12
Visitor

PMB imports images which are already imported.

I have a DSC-HX9V which I am very pleased with apart from the occasional overly noise reduced jpegs... (This really needs a firmware upgrade to fix it, please Mr Sony).

When I connect to my PC (Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit) I allow Sony PMB software to download new images. But even though I have ticked the "Import only media files that have not been imported" tick box, there are certain images which get imported EVERY time. And there are LOADS of images it wants to import... This is clogging up my hard drive and is very inefficent, and much slower to download.

Sony even have an FAQ to answer the question "Videos and photos that have already been imported to the computer are imported again and again." But their answer is to tick the "Import only media files that have not been imported" box...

http://guide.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/pmb/5500/us/t1140_faq.htm

This surely can't just be affecting me???

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.sv_SE.title
BadSwede
Visitor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, PMB always try to import certain images regardless of the setting mentioned. I use Win XP so the problem must be in the PMB itself.

Annoying!

/Nils

ruthrodgers
Visitor

I'm also having this problem with importing over a thousand jpg's everytime I import and the setting is checked as needed!  I've even tried turning off the archive attribute on the particular photos in the flash memory hoping that would help but it didn't! Very irritating!!! What's worse is there is no resolution mentioned on-line!

saltyzip
Visitor

Just came across this post, shortly after I just posted my with the same issue.

Hope we get a fix soon!

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello,

saltyzip - I have seen your thread about your particular model of camera and I have made suggestion on there i.e. downloading the latest version of PMB for your camera from here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=PMB&m=DSC-HX100V

With regards to everyone else, I would suggest trying this step as well if you haven't done so already. To find the latest software available for your model of camera, you can enter the details here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/main/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

Thanks

Simon

saltyzip
Visitor

Just done a complete re-install, made sure I deleted Sony directory under Program Files x86 and I also had a Sony USB driver installed in add/remove programs.

Same end result unfortunately.

PMB just keeps on importing all the files on the SD into todays date.

I am using Win 7 x64 SP1 with PMB version 5.6.02.06173

What next?

saltyzip
Visitor

I've just completed the update to PMB, but it has had no effect.

After the import of all the files from the camera, I go straight back to import again and it selects all 429 of my photos once more (1.79GB)... sigh...

I will uninstall PMB completely this time and start from scratch.

I also have a Sony camcorder which I use PMB for, so downloading specific version for each Sony gadget, isn't exactly a workable option, this is a case of one size should fit all.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
FrankL68
Visitor

Same problem here.

I have the latest PBM 5.6, and I download the photo's to a new map every time. Then I open Total Commander and compare the maps. I delete rest.

I hope a new PBM will come soon

Mick2011
New

I notice we're still awaiting further news on this issue, but one possible workaround would be to remove the card from the camera and use an external USB card reader, or the appropriate card-reader slot built in to your PC if it has one.

This should bypass any camera settings and allow you to import as required.

Hope this helps in the short-term, at least.

Cheers

Mick

AlbertRoss12
Visitor

Hi Mick2011, thanks for the suggestion of using the card in a separate reader, but this does not work either (PMB version 5.6.02.06270). Now PMB just sees the jpgs on the card and no videos.

I am in even more of a mess with this now because I moved off all the previous imported folders (because they were full of duplicates) onto an external HDD, expecting everything to come back on anew cleanly when I next put the SD card in. But PMB will only import the jpegs and no videos.

I see there are now several other threads complaining of the same problem with PMB...