Join now - be part of our community!

Picture Transfer to PC Problem...?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Laurie99
Visitor

Picture Transfer to PC Problem...?

Hi - I bought a DSC-W570 for Xmas and so far so good..!

Yesterday I thought I'd try connecting the camera to my PC to view the photos - again, all seemed well. However, when  I disconnected the camera I was no longer able to view my pictures on the camera. I didn't save them to the PC and wasn't asked if I wanted to delete them from the camera.

Strangely, the pictures still seem to be on the camera as the picture count still exists and I can scroll through them but they cannot be viewed and simply say "cannot display file"..?

Have I done something wrong when I connected the camera or can you only connect the camera when you want to transfer..? I assumed unless I physically deleted the pictures from the camera they would always be able to be viewed on the memory card..?

Many thanks in advance for any help..

Cheers...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Laurie99, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's no reason why you shouldn't connect the camera to view your images and I don't think you've done anything wrong... sometimes memory cards can 'misbehave', typically when you first use them, if the card han't been formatted in the camera.

Worst case, you have a pirated or fake card – also known to produce these errors – but as this is your first use it's likely to just need formatting. Remember, formatting will erase the card, so make sure you have at least one copy of your files stored elsewhere first.

You need the Memory Card Tool: press the MENU button while in Playback mode & it's in the camera's Setting items. Hopefully that will fix it.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Laurie99, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There's no reason why you shouldn't connect the camera to view your images and I don't think you've done anything wrong... sometimes memory cards can 'misbehave', typically when you first use them, if the card han't been formatted in the camera.

Worst case, you have a pirated or fake card – also known to produce these errors – but as this is your first use it's likely to just need formatting. Remember, formatting will erase the card, so make sure you have at least one copy of your files stored elsewhere first.

You need the Memory Card Tool: press the MENU button while in Playback mode & it's in the camera's Setting items. Hopefully that will fix it.

Cheers

Mick

Laurie99
Visitor

Mick,

Many thanks, looks like I ommitted the formatting part of getting started so quick fix - Amazing when you use a PC all day you assume you should just be able to pick up a camera with no problems, must be getting old... :laughing:

Thanks again, really appreciate the quick response.

Cheers...

James.