Join now - be part of our community!

HX9V

profile.country.en_GB.title
d10a3r95t5c15e96
Visitor

HX9V

Hi, I have a HX9V, Does anyone know how to print a copy of the handbook that came with the CD (not the user guide), I need a copy that I can take way from the computer to sit and study (why oh why did the camera come with its own hard copy).

10 REPLIES 10
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello - welcome to the Sony forums.

If you have not already tried this, have a look at the documentation available for download from the official Sony page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-h-series/dsc-hx9v#pageType=manual

There are four different documents available so the handbook that you are referring to may be in this selection.

Thanks

Simon

d10a3r95t5c15e96
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Simon, I have checked these manuals and they are only the quick user guide with different languages. I have since found a site that has the comprehensive manual that is in PDF format instead of HTML ( htpp:/mazurk.net/HX9v_Full_User_Guide.pdf ). Check it out and you will see that it is just what any HX9V owner needs as Sony only include a quick user guide and on a CD a handbook in HTML format. Sony we need hard copy.

Thanks once again Simon

ktcs37
Visitor

This link no longer seems to be working - has anyone got the pdf you could email me?  Finding this all so frustrating. Not a good way to treat your customers.  Surely a pdf wouldn't be too much to ask for.  Thanks

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello,

The latest version of the HX9V PDF files are available on the Sony Support pages for this camera:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-HX9V

Thanks,

Simon

WalkerDan
Visitor

The pdf's on the Sony site mentioned above all seem to be the basic User instructions, unless I'm missing something.  The info accessed through the cd is ok but completely useless if you're nowhere near a computer, i.e. most of the time as I don't sit at the computer taking pictures!!!!  Have spent most of this afternoon trying to find a Full User Guide PDF without success.  Totally exasperated now.  What's the point in supplying a complex camera with only a basic user guide and no apparent way of getting what is required.  I'm at a loss what to say.  Great camera, abysmal service.  Also tried to e.mail a question to Sony from this site and that doesn't work either.

Mick2011
New

You should be able to 'print' any HTML document to PDF using the normal print dialog in your browser.

In case you don't have the CD-based HTML version, the HX9V User Guide is available here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX9V_guide/eng/index.html

At the top right there's a 'Print' button. Click that, and on the menu to the left you'll see 'Destination' with your default printer listed (if available). Clicking that dropdown menu will let you select 'Print to PDF'.

Cheers

Mick

WalkerDan
Visitor

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, I only get the standard print dialogue box which includes my 2 printers and an option to print to Microsoft Office or XPS, but no mention of "Print to PDF".

Basically, I want to see what's included in the full manual without having to click through all the different menus.  I understand the need for an online system but the way it's laid out makes life difficult and seems a backward step.  They've got all the information - all it needs is a page number and a heading allocating for each page and I'll get what I need, but perhaps the Sony world doesn't work that way or I'm missing something.

Cheers,

Walker Dan 

Mick2011
New

Ok, there may be a browser issue there, that's a pity. I know there are add-ons for Firefox that let you do that.

I'm using Mac OSX which lets you make a PDF from print-enabled apps; however a friend of mine has a PDF print driver installed on her PC which does much the same thing, ie gives you a 'virtual' PDF printer in your usual list of printers. Handy tool :wink:

I think I see what you're saying about getting a complete list: however you can get a full index menu if you click on the contents list link beneath the main page headings.

If that works for you, and given that you're able to view a PDF while out & about, maybe you could access the online Guide on the same device :thinking: I just tried it on my phone and it was really quick & easy to navigate - probably more so than a PDF!

Cheers

Mick

WalkerDan
Visitor

There's a lot of menus and submenus, but I think I'm just going to have to trawl through the whole lot and print and file the bits I think I will need.  It will give me more pages than I ideally want but can't see any other easy solution at the moment.  I think I'm like the original poster in that I like a hard copy I can easily find and refer back to without switching on the computer all the time.  Perhaps, I'm just old fashioned but can't believe I'm the only one (or two)

Walker Dan