Join now - be part of our community!

HX100V: any way to delete files via pc/USB

profile.country.en_GB.title
Surebrec
Visitor

HX100V: any way to delete files via pc/USB

is there any way to delete images and videos on my camera when it's connected to my pc, rather than have to do it via the camera's internal menus?

when I am choose to browse the images on my pc when my camera is connected, it won't let me right-click to delete them.

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Surebrec :slight_smile:

I know that you cannot right-click the images, but can you highlight them and press the 'Delete' key?

If not, if you install the PMB software that came with your camera, this should allow you to manipulate the files from your computer. The latest versions of the downloadable software are available from here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-HX100V/updates

Thanks,

Simon

Surebrec
Visitor

I already tried using the highlight/delete method and that also won't work. I already have the software installed but don't really care for using it. I prefer to plug my camera into my pc, click browse and drag the folder onto my computer from my camera. it's way less hassle than having to select individual images to import.

and besides, that method doesn't work either because it was one of the first things I tried.

it's bad enough trying to force people to use proprietary software to do unnecessay tasks, but it's worse when even that won't do what you want it to.

richwoo
Visitor

I agree with your last paragraph!  I put the camera card into a small cheap USB card reader and then I can manipulate files as I wish.  Not a lot more trouble than connecting the camera itself.

Surebrec
Visitor

you mean you can delete the files directly via the pc when using a card reader rather than the camera?

richwoo
Visitor

Yes, just use Windows Explorer. 

Surebrec
Visitor

just ordered one off amazon, thanks for the advice