Join now - be part of our community!

Delay between pictures

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
richwoo
Visitor

Delay between pictures

I have a Cybershot DSC-HX100V with which I am pleased except that there is a delay of some 3 or 4 seconds whilst "processing" and displaying the taken image before a second picture can be taken.  Is there any way of reducing this delay?  Can one stop it displaying the image after each picture?  I normally use the P setting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello richwoo :slight_smile:

These time between shots may depend upon the standard of memory card that you are using i.e. with the higher grade / faster speed cards, it will not take as long to write the image data to the memory card (in theory). Also, you could try reducing the image quality i.e. the megapixel rate for capturing photos as this will reduce the file size for each image.

There is more information about image quality and changing the settings within the user guide which can be found here.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello richwoo :slight_smile:

These time between shots may depend upon the standard of memory card that you are using i.e. with the higher grade / faster speed cards, it will not take as long to write the image data to the memory card (in theory). Also, you could try reducing the image quality i.e. the megapixel rate for capturing photos as this will reduce the file size for each image.

There is more information about image quality and changing the settings within the user guide which can be found here.

Thanks,

Simon

richwoo
Visitor

Thank you Blaireau_photo.  I should have realised this myself as I had put the image quality up to the top one recently!  I've put it dowwn one notch and the delay is much reduced.  Thanks again