Join now - be part of our community!

Yet another Cast issue

aHumanError
Explorer

Yet another Cast issue

Hi there.

I have a Sony KD-55XD8005 I bought about 6 or more months ago, and I was able to cast pictures and mirror my phone to it until I upgraded the software (now 6.0.1). I had some unrelated issues with it after the upgrade (Including constantly wrong time) so I did do a factory reset, and I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the cast app via the play store, and also resetting the TV to no avail.

If I search for the TV in Windows 10 it does show up and I can select it but it just sits there and says 'Couldn't connect' after a few minutes. If I try and search with my phone (Samsung S7) sometimes it does appear (sometimes it doesn't) but then when I try and connect it just dissapears from the list after a minute and doesn't show up again.

a3.png

I've searched the net for this and the only posts I find about this are dated from last year, so surely it must be some setting wrong or something; can't just be my TV.

I know if I get on the phone to Sony they'll start telling me to do another factory reset/check updates/reset router etc etc and it's all stuff I've done over time, I'm running out of options.

Can anybody shed light on this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Some suggestions:

• Can you go to the Google Play Store on your TV and then go into "My Apps" are there any updates needed?
  • Can you check which version of Google Cast you have on the TV - it should be Version 1.23.86325 (Home > Settings > Network > Google Cast)
  • Try turning OFF Wifi-Direct on the TV (Home > Settings > Network > Wifi Direct > Wifi Direct > OFF) and test casting.  For screen-mirroring it will need to be on.
  • Ensure that 'Built-in Wi-Fi' is set to ON (Home > Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Built-in Wi-Fi > ON)
  • Can you try casting YouTube videos from the S7?

I dont have a Windows 10 PC to test, but my Xperia Z4 Tablet can cast and screen mirror to my KD-55XD8577 TV which has the same firmware as yours with no problem.

Cheers

aHumanError
Explorer

Hi thanks for your response.

Going to "My Apps" in Google play shows that two Apps "were recently udated" which is Google Webview and Cast. The version is 1.23.86325.

I turned Wifi Direct off, tried finding my TV in Samsungs "Smart View" on the s7 home screen but nothing appeared in the list but if I go to a random picture on my phone, go to "View content on a TV" the TV does finally come up in the list and it does work but not for every picture. Some say "unsupported file" and won't display on the TV, despite being another picture.

Built in WiFi was already set to on. Tried casting a YouTube video and weirdly this DOES work (I've never actually tried casting a YouTube video since the TV already case YouTube) tried YouTube casting on my laptop and this also works.

So basically it's just screen mirroring that doesn't work, I turned WiFi direct back on and tried to mirror my phone, the TV appeard in the "Smart View" list but again it never connects, after a while it dissapears and doesn't appear again until I soft restart the TV. If I try and mirror my laptop the same thing happens; appears in the list but doesn't connect.

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

Hi, I have the same issue with my xd83 and windows 10 1703. Cast/screen mirroring from my android phone works well. Cast from YouTube (browser) from my pc works as well. When I try to connect the TV to my pc it just doesn't work... Couldn't connect, it says.

However I think this is most likely the Windows's fault, nothing to do with the TV. I remember it used to work without a single hiccup before the so called Creators Update 😒😒😒

Hopefully they will fix this with the next big update in October!

Have you found a solution since your last post?