Join now - be part of our community!

SOLVED! KDX8509 Wireless OK, wired not working from new.

SOLVED
tiberius67
Explorer

SOLVED! KDX8509 Wireless OK, wired not working from new.

Hi, just got new Bravia TV. Done the initial set-up and all went well.

Changed from wireless to wired and it complains of no internet connection. Using the same cable I checked this out with Win10 laptop which appears to work fine @ 100mb speed.

Done the s/w update over wireless and tried again, still no luck. Will try to factory default and use wired only. Anything else to try?

Has anyone seen this issue? Netflix also complains even though I have added a gmail account and can download apps (will try to re-install this app)

Thanks.

P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tiberius67
Explorer

Thanks for the replys guys.

Got some time to look again at this last night. I replaced the CAT6 cable with a CATV cable and all appears to work great now (so no TV issue after all). I am still confused as to why, since the cable works fine with a laptop - but not going to loose sleep over it!

I had installed x 2 flat CAT6 cables behind the wall prior to purchasing the TV. Both dont work with the tv, but work with the laptop and other streaming devices (droidbox). I will install a standard CATV cable to fix this.

I have also updated the Netflix app and this now works as normal. So far very pleased with picture quality and other functions.

Thanks guys!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Other than a specific hardware fault on the TV itself, the best thing is to ensure you have the latest FW installed and then a factory reset.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Can you check the RJ45 jack with a magnifier and a torch? Check for bended or missing pins.

rj45 jack.PNG

tiberius67
Explorer

Thanks for the replys guys.

Got some time to look again at this last night. I replaced the CAT6 cable with a CATV cable and all appears to work great now (so no TV issue after all). I am still confused as to why, since the cable works fine with a laptop - but not going to loose sleep over it!

I had installed x 2 flat CAT6 cables behind the wall prior to purchasing the TV. Both dont work with the tv, but work with the laptop and other streaming devices (droidbox). I will install a standard CATV cable to fix this.

I have also updated the Netflix app and this now works as normal. So far very pleased with picture quality and other functions.

Thanks guys!