Join now - be part of our community!

Set up 49XF8796 without remote?

profile.country.GB.title
Simondo
Explorer

Set up 49XF8796 without remote?

Long story short: I think the remote receiving unit on my 49XF8796 has failed. The TV works fine via the buttons on the rear of the TV, but the remote controls (both the Sony one, and third party ones such as Amazon FireStick) were having no effect on controlling the TV. However, in an effort to resolve the problem, I factory reset the TV and now I'm greeted by the initial set-up screen, and without the remote I cannot even set the default language on the TV. Is there no way I can set up the TV without the remote?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @Simondo 

Did you try the camera test to check if the remote control is sending an IR signal or not?

You can immediately test if your remote control is sending a signal by using a smartphone front or rear camera: press the power button while pointing the remote control at the camera. You should see a dot of light if the remote is working.  Try both the front and rear camera of the phone, because some phones filter out infrared light.

Also, I recommend that you try the steps here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43x80k/article...