Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony kd55xd8005 Firmware Stopped ARC Working?

neosegauk
Explorer

New Sony kd55xd8005 Firmware Stopped ARC Working?

Hi there,

I want to start by saying this is by far one of the best TVs I have ever owned. Absolutely blown away by it. I did a software update on it about 2 days ago to version PKG6.0614.0004EAU and for some reason my Soundbar which is connected via ARC has randomly stopped working correctly. I own a Sony ht-ct390 and have never had any issue until the update.

> Checked Bravia Sync is enabled (it is).
> It actually lists my device in the Bravia Sync menu.

Randomly it will connect to the soundbar then disconnects saying TV speakers active due to Audio System Communication Failure.

Ive reset the TV and this has fixed nothing. Tried different HDMI cables for the soundbar and still the same issue. Ive even tried the soundbar on a different TV and it works fine.

Any idea how it can be fixed?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Tank84
Explorer

Hello,

Okay some nice information. Do you also have a Humax Freeview box then?

profile.country.GB.title
sewellpaul77

Yep, I do. And as soon as I unplugged that from one of the other HDMI ports on the TV then all the strange behaviour went away. I've been able to plug it back in now and everything is working ok at the moment but I suspect the Humax will cause issues again at some point. It does see a certain sequence of events needs to happen for the issue to arise in the first place though; it seems to be related to when the soundbar goes into idle power down when the TV is not doing anything, then I suspect the Humax does it's funky thing and then ARC collapses.

profile.country.GB.title
Tank84
Explorer

Okay, I'm very glad you're making some headway on the issue. I'm surprised that you also have a Humax box, as I assumed it'd be an unrelated issue to mine. For me, provided I have the Humax not in standby mode with the ARC option turned to 'On' within the AVR, then ARC functionality works fine.

profile.country.GB.title
fwdlink
Explorer

Hi all,

Just wanted to chime in that I was suffering this issue as well with my sound via my KD-55A1 and Sony 1080 AV Receiver, it was driving me crazy for a few months.  In my case I have a BT Youview box which you guessed it is made by Humax. I bought the Lindy CEC-Less device from Amazon as well.

I can confirm in my case the problem went away completely and has not returned. I have one other badly behaved device, a Portal TV unit which I also had to buy another Lindy and now I'm trouble free.

One thing to note, I turned off Bravia Sync and rebooted the TV and turned Bravia Sync back on to register everything fresh as in my case the audio wasn't working properly by simply inserting the Lindy CEC-Less until I did this step.

I have a Sony A1 and Sony 1080 for comparison.

Hope this helps....