Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony kd55xd8005 Firmware Stopped ARC Working?

neosegauk
Explorer

New Sony kd55xd8005 Firmware Stopped ARC Working?

Hi there,

I want to start by saying this is by far one of the best TVs I have ever owned. Absolutely blown away by it. I did a software update on it about 2 days ago to version PKG6.0614.0004EAU and for some reason my Soundbar which is connected via ARC has randomly stopped working correctly. I own a Sony ht-ct390 and have never had any issue until the update.

> Checked Bravia Sync is enabled (it is).
> It actually lists my device in the Bravia Sync menu.

Randomly it will connect to the soundbar then disconnects saying TV speakers active due to Audio System Communication Failure.

Ive reset the TV and this has fixed nothing. Tried different HDMI cables for the soundbar and still the same issue. Ive even tried the soundbar on a different TV and it works fine.

Any idea how it can be fixed?

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When you say you have reset the TV, is this a 'power' reset or a 'factory' reset?  I would also do the same on the Soundbar side to - a factory reset.

"Audio System Communication Failure" - this is a HDMI issue to be honest - I know you said you tried another cable.  When unplugging/plugging in HDMI cables, ensure that the power is switched off to all devices, as HDMI is not "hot-swapable".

Cheers

neosegauk
Explorer

Hi there, I did a factory reset on the TV, I have also tried with a new HDMI cable (powered off and then on afterwards). What I am finding really strange is when I try the soundbar on a diffrent tv that uses arc there are no issues atall. 

Strange how its intermitent also. Like I said this has only happened since the update to the firmware of the tv.  

Unsure how to do a reset on the soundbar. 

neosegauk
Explorer

Now just done the soundbar factory reset and its not fixed it. Really think this is a firmware issue. 

Corppu
New

I have the same tv with same problem. I have a hdmi arc dac connected to the television and the dac connected to active speakers. I used to be able to set the volume from the tv remote but no longer possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

DAC - Digital Analogue Converter?? 

Have a read through:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

Sputniky
New

I have the exact same problem with my set using the same soundbar, following a software update (mind you, it sporadically stopped working previously too).

It works fine when connected using a fibre optic cable, but its frustrating as you then cant use the TV remote to control the volume. Has anyone managed to resolve this issue?

f1racer2006
Explorer

I too am having this same problem. For a few days the soundbar will work fine, then for no reason at all it will just not connect.

I go through the same routine over and over again, unplugging leads, plugging them back in again (whilst all devices are off), and each time that fails so do a factory reset - annoying in itself as you then have to sign in to all your apps again !! Once again, a few days of it working, then again it stops !

The soundbar isn't at fault (it's not a Sony btw) as it has always worked faultlessly on other TV's including a Bravia that this one has replaced.

The issue is obviously Android. Come on Sony, a great TV being let down by all these bugs. If this TV isn't fit for purpose, it shouldn't have been released - time to get it sorted !!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you looked at this guide HERE - it might provide some hints or at least somewhere else you can test/try out.

Also - what is the make/model of the soundbar?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Andyg4536
Explorer

I have the exact same issue. Connects to soundbar then disconnects. Tried different hdmi leads. Reset TV. Update to latest software which I was advised to do by Sony. Works one day then not the next. Think it is when the TV is left in standby for a few hours. I have a cambridge audio tv2 soundbase.  I have to disconnect arc hdmi lead then refit to get rid of problem. Sounds like something goes out of sync on arc comms