Join now - be part of our community!

Macro-blocking from CAM module returned for XH90

profile.country.RO.title
aimesilenz1
Explorer

Macro-blocking from CAM module returned for XH90

Hi,

My XH90 (KD-55XH9096) started to experience the macro-blocking and stuttering problem while CI+ card is inserted. The problem appeared with update v6.2126. The newest update v6.2146 did not resolve the issue. I know that the problem should have been resolved in a previous update, although I hadn't experienced it myself until now. Has anyone else encountered this after the recent updates? My local Sony support (Romania) wasn't very helpful and recommended me to contact a repair shop (even if it is a known issue with the CAM module) or wait for a new update which may or may not include a bug fix (asked them to forward it to a specialized department, but I don't think they will).

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I'd recommend that you go for the factory reset as well, if the update didn't solve the issue 

profile.country.CZ.title
Petro_cz
Explorer

I have the same problem, Sony under warranty suggested replacing the motherboard, obviously they know about this problem, the sad thing is that the second SONY TV already has the same problem!

profile.country.GB.title
ionut_d_m
Explorer

thanks. I will try the factory reset. Of course, that means I'll have to reinstall everything...

profile.country.GB.title
ionut_d_m
Explorer

@Petro_cz it doesn't bother me that much, for now. Replacing the motherboard doesn't look like a simple thing, the tv is less than two years old and I have no other complaints. The thing is, it seems more a software issue, not hardware. Now, without the Ci card, I can watch all the free HD stations. With the Ci card inserted, all the HD programs produce macroblocks, even the ones that worked perfectly before (without the card). The Ci card in my case is only for HBO and other encoded programs, but I have a lot of HD programs working perfectly without the card. And, what is more interesting, the TV and the Ci card worked perfectly together until two months ago.

profile.country.RO.title
aimesilenz1
Explorer

I also strongly believe that it is a software issue, given that multiple models are affected in the same way. If it is hardware related, it means that Sony sells faulty devices from the start. Either way, this is how you lose faithful customers.

By the way, after a few more updates to the software, still no change in my case (KD-XH9096).

profile.country.CZ.title
Petro_cz
Explorer

My TV is under warranty, so let sony take care of it! :slight_smile: