Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 55-756C damaged image - coloured artefacts

SOLVED
profile.country.CZ.title
JohnnyKDL756
Explorer

KDL 55-756C damaged image - coloured artefacts

Initially it happened only a few minutes after power on, but now is the damaged image all the time. No adjustment help (neither brightness, contrast, color saturation, nor motion etc.). I have last firmware 3.17.

(Please excuse my poor english, so I rather attach image)20160307.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This appears to me to be some type of 'solarisation'.  You will need to contact ypur retailer to arrange either repair or replacement as it looks to be a hardware fault.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This appears to me to be some type of 'solarisation'.  You will need to contact ypur retailer to arrange either repair or replacement as it looks to be a hardware fault.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes this definately a hardware issue. Never heard of Sony's though. There is a very little possibility of software issue. An app that affected graphics driver but less than 1%.

This is why I am worried about heat issues at lower lcd frame part of those televisions and I am anxiously waiting for summer time. Most models are after summer 2015.

You cannot "see" that heat on 5 years old Sony models. I don't know what happens with other 4K brandts like Samsung Panasonic or LG. Samsung clients where the most affected victims of such issues in the past. For tv set almost twice the price of our Sonys. Burned Inverters, LCD's and t-con boards.

I suppose you could hear in a silent room unusual noises clicks-cracks coming out from TV case during first hour of operation?

Did you try a factory reset?

profile.country.CZ.title
JohnnyKDL756
Explorer

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. I thing you said the truth, that sounds sad. Seller assured me that Sony has worked well TV’s with small failure rate compared eg. Philips, LG, Samsung.. I have bad luck.. What I can confirm is that Sony has the fastest and most stable software with smart Android TVs.

I don't hear any unusual noises, only see the strange solarisation in image. Yes , I tried reset to factory settings but no change.

So thank You for that response, I have no choice but to contact the service.

profile.country.CZ.title
JohnnyKDL756
Explorer

Description of repair service:

Replacement of LVDS flat interface cable , total control - OK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got it fixed pretty quickly.  Thanks for posting back, as it furthers my knowledge too :slight_smile:

Cheers