Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD8599 HDMI Driving me crazy

bobobigbet
Explorer

KD-65XD8599 HDMI Driving me crazy

Hi guys is there any tips on getting this working . none of my HDMI ports will work . then one day they will then for two or three days the dont its on continus cycle its doing my head in the tv is onlt 3 months old . Ive tried everything replaced cables tried one thing at a time etc etc really getting fed up with it. Its not as if it was cheap it 2100 pound any one any ideas or would i be as well sending it back to currys

2 REPLIES 2
bobobigbet
Explorer

Also i may ad ive already replaced a skyhd box thinking it was faulty . And know the same has happend to this i dont think its the sky boxs . PC will work no xbox one no now tv no sky hd fed up the back teeth with it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Before I pass this onto Sony support and they would get you to do this anyhow...

1. Can you please ensure that the firmware is upto date on the TV
  2. Can you then perform a factory reset. 
  3. Once factory reset has been done, just plug in one device (i.e. your SkyHD Box).  Try and separate the HDMI cable as far away from the power cables as possible.

Have you noticed if there is any pattern on when it fails?  Such as a certain time of day or..?

The HDMI cables you purchased, are they of sufficiant quality?  I mean, do they have any type of shielding?

Cheers