Join now - be part of our community!

I'm seeing this dark spot on my X95j is it fixable?

profile.country.NO.title
i_want_to_be_anonymous
New

I'm seeing this dark spot on my X95j is it fixable?

Hello Sony Community,

Recently, I've been encountering a concerning issue with my Sony 75” X95J. A dark spot has appeared on my TV screen, which I've found to be particularly noticeable and distracting during viewing, especially when watching sports and movies.

I've attached a few images for your reference, and from what I can discern, it doesn't appear to be a case of a dead pixel. The spot seems to be concentrated in the center of the screen and is 6 or 7 mm across, which makes it especially noticeable during use.

Could anyone help me understand what this issue might be? Is there a possible fix or solution for this? Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

signal-2023-07-13-192353_002.jpeg

signal-2023-07-13-192353_003.jpeg

signal-2023-07-13-192353_004.jpeg

signal-2023-07-13-192353_005.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@i_want_to_be_anonymous 

Are you sure this is inside, and not just something on the outside of the screen?

Turn the TV off, and look at the screen from close up, but on the slant not directly in front of it.

Can you still see the spot? Does it wipe off?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.NO.title
i_want_to_be_anonymous
New

Yes, I apologize for not providing that information in my original message. I have attempted to gently buff the spot with a microfiber cloth, but to no avail. The spot appears to be internal, as I can't see any dirt or damage on the surface of the screen. Thank you for your continued assistance.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @i_want_to_be_anonymous, has your TV been updated to the latest software version v6.7240? You can check this in the help menu. Have you also tried resetting your TV to its default settings? And do you see this dark pixel on any white background?

profile.country.NO.title
i_want_to_be_anonymous
New

Yes, I have updated to the latest firmware. I have not yet attempted to reset the TV, but I will give that a try.

I apologize for the image quality. It's quite challenging to capture a photo of a reflective white surface using a phone. Nonetheless, here's a close-up image of the dark spot. Thanks for your help.IMG_2997.jpg

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @i_want_to_be_anonymous, I'd actually recommend the factory data reset first. Then, if it remains, contact the Sony reps directly. If your TV is still under warranty, they may be able to offer you an in-warranty service.