Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones

profile.country.GB.title
maddog1299
New

Headphones

I am looking for a Bluetooth headphones to pair with my xh81 android tv 2020model any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Afaik your tv does not support any bluetooth audio device

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@rooobb @maddog1299 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00159290

Poor show by Sony. Even our lowest-spec Samsung TVs have been supporting Bluetooth devices since 2015.

But Amazon, and other retailers, have a range of Bluetooth transmitters that you can, say, hang on the optical output from Sony TVs, and thus restore this missing functionality.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

[...]

Poor show by Sony. Even our lowest-spec Samsung TVs have been supporting Bluetooth devices since 2015.

[...]

@royabrown2  if any of "yours" Samsung TV supports Bluetooth why do you publish such clarification on your site :wink: ?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079347/

In any case I agree you can solve with a transmitter or, being an Android TV, you may look in the community for alternative BT driver to be installed on it even if not supported by Sony officially

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @rooobb 

Why put ‘your’ in quotes? Do you think I do not own these TVs? Or perhaps they are only on hire purchase, or I have looted them from Costco? 😛

But yes, I own them. And also I am in the UK, not the US; but even if I were in the US, it would not be my website; that is something I do not claim to own, not even the UK one.

And yes, you can get Samsung TVs without Bluetooth, at the bottom end. But perhaps I have been spoiled by Samsung TVs from only half the price of the XH81 upwards coming with Bluetooth as standard?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@royabrown2  i was only joking! within my limited knowledge of the english language your sentence seems written by the owner of the brand claiming that "all our tvs can do that" rather than a customer :wink:

No offence meant.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@rooobb 

No worries! I was joking too 😛

I now see that yes, you can get Samsung TVs without Bluetooth, at the bottom end.

But I think I have been spoiled by Samsung TVs from only half the price of the XH81 upwards coming with Bluetooth as standard 💰💰💰